My fashion156/start competition dress is finally finished. I've had many problems along the way, mainly because I was trying to be too clever with the construction, but after many hours of slaving away it is completed. One of the main problems was the bright pink top half - it is 100% silk chiffon, which is a bitch to work with, it's see through (I decided to make a tiny little racer-backed jersey cami to go underneath, if required) so everything had to be faced and french seamed, and I decided to make things harder by making it all one piece so that the front and back are all cut from one pattern piece. I am ecstatic with the result, and even managed to mould the pleats around the waist without them creasing or folding. There are of course things I would change on it as I am a bit of a perfectionist, but you have to know when to stop (and I need to hand it in on Friday!). I have decided to style it with the beautiful Celine shoes above, and armfuls of chunky bangles, all kindly on loan from Bang.
Now I cannot wait to see what the brilliant team at f156 do with the photoshoot - exciting stuff!!